Game rhythm is all about having a mindset of readiness.
1. A warning buzzer is required three minutes prior to the start of the game. Players are to leave the floor at ninety seconds.
2. No pre- game captain meetings. No handshakes.
3. CC, do your table preparation at the ten-minute mark.
4. There is no reporting box. Do not walk through your reporting story.
5. Bounce balls to players from 6 feet away.
6. Non calling foul officials should move quickly into your initial position facing the court.
7. During time outs start getting the players out at the fifty second mark.
8. Use the direction of play signal and designate the OB spot on every violation. Officials need to move quickly into proper positioning facing the court.
9. Speed up the free throw procedure. Start the first of two free throws immediately. The calling official helps this process by giving the shooter number and the number of shots.
10. Eliminate soft and ones.
11. Do not respond to coaches’ statements. Respond to their questions.
12. Talking to players can often save a foul. “Keep it clean, keep it legal. Preventive officiating will often save a whistle.
13. Always move with an athletic walk.
14.Never rush your communication. Mistakes take time to fix.