1. During free throws, an injured player or player who is bleeding, may be substituted. The other team may sub one for one. (Bleeding player must be substituted)
2. A team is permitted to sub between a warning buzzer til the end of the time out.( until official puts ball in play)
3. On a jump ball, it is legal for a non-jumper to catch the ball, straddling the centre line and step into the back court.
4. A player who has been substituted may re-enter the game if he or she is to shoot free throws. In this case the player does not have to stay in for a tick of the clock.
5. The 8-second back court count continues until the player has both feet and the ball completely in the front court.
6. The offensive team is permitted to touch the ball when it is within the basket when they are attempting to score.
7. An official should point to the floor to indicate a non-shooting foul when a player is fouled just before the shot.
8. It is illegal for a player to end a dribble and throw the ball off the back board and dribble. (as throwing the ball off back board is a dribble)
9. If a 3-point shot is touched inside the 2-point area, the value of the goal is three points.
10. A screener must give a step on a blind screen.
11. On a break-away foul, contact from the side is an unsportsmanlike foul.
12. It is illegal for A1 to straddle the centre line to start the second period and passes the ball to A2, and A2 jumps from the front court and while air borne and lands straddling the centre line. (back court violation)( during a centre line throw in, if the ball is passed to an air born team mate who jumped from front court and lands in back court, this is a back court violation)
13. A full re-set is given on all unsportsmanlike fouls.
14. When a lodged ball, because of a field goal try, is returned to the offensive team because of the AP arrow, there is no shot clock re-set.
15. Unintentional sliding on the floor with the ball is not a violation.
16. It is an illegal play for a player to end a dribble and throw the ball off the backboard and catch it. The key is, the player dribbled the ball first. (both plays are dribbles, therefore double dribble)
17. To follow up on 16, if I end a dribble and then pass to a team mate, but team mate does not see pass and I chase and pick ball up- double dribble